About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha offers original articles on economics education. The journal is aimed at publishing and disseminating the results of researches and studies on economics education conducted by researchers, teachers, and practitioners of economic education. Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha provides informative variety of papers geared toward theory and practice in the following area:
- Issues and ideas, as well as contemporary research findings in the field of economic education
- Innovation in the field of pedagogy, curriculum, hardware, teaching materials, and methods & models in economic learning
- evaluation of teaching methods, learning attitudes and interests, materials, or processes.
- Reports on events that influence economic education in all levels of education age (from early childhood to adulthood) and three main lines of education, namely formal, nonformal, and informal.
Peer Review Process
Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha operates a conventional doubled-blind reviewing policy in which the reviewer's name is always concealed from the submitting author. Authors should present their papers honestly without fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, or inappropriate data manipulation. The manuscript review process usually takes 8 to 16 weeks. This review period depends on the editors and reviewers' duration in reviewing the manuscript. The stages of the review process applied at Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha are as the following:
- Submission of manuscripts. It is only processed via online i.e. OJS of Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha at the website: https://ejournal.undiksha.ac.id/index.php/JJPE/index
- The submitted manuscripts would be checked whether it complies Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha’s author guidelines and template for submission, also whether the manuscript matches the focus and scope of the journal. If appropriate, the next process will be carried out, and if not, we would recommend the manuscript to be submitted to another journal. The editor of Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha will notify immediately via email.
- The manuscripts would be checked with Turnitin (similarity check). If the level of manuscript similarity is more than 20%, the manuscripts would be rejected in the desk evaluation step. This decision is entirely the prerogative right of the editor in chief and cannot be contested.
- The manuscripts would be reviewed by an assigned editor to find out whether it contributes sufficiently to the development of science and practice in the field of accounting and investment. The manuscripts that qualify at this stage would be proceeded to the review stage by two peer reviewers (both external and internal reviewers).
- The manuscript that is accepted with revisions (minor or major), it would contain comments from peer reviewers and would be returned to the author for revision. Referring to the Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha policy, reviewers only give suggestions on whether the manuscript is accepted or rejected. Meanwhile, the final decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript is in the hand of the editor and editor in chief.
- The author is given the time to revise the manuscript no later than 2 weeks. Extra time to revise should be asked to the editor via email (email@example.com). If there is no notification after the specified period, then the Author is deemed to resign.
- Manuscripts that have gone through final revisions and accepted by the editor would be published in the Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha in the edition determined by the editor in chief. The author may ask the editor in chief if he/she prefers to publish his/her article in specific editions (volumes and numbers). For this purpose, the author must submit the request to the Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha editor in chief via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Our ethic statements are based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
The editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.
The editor may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editor may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
Manuscripts may be rejected by the editorial office if it is felt that the work was not carried out within an ethical framework. Inderscience Publishers adheres to the principles outlined by COPE – Committee on Publication Ethics. Authors who are concerned about the editorial process may refer to COPE.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
The jurnal review using double blind review. Both reviewers will reviewed the same manuscript and the decision will be announced after all of reviewers give the evaluation.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
It is basically author’s duty to only submit a manuscript that is free from plagiarism and academically malpractices. The editor, however, double checks each article before its publication. The first step is to check plagiarism against offline database developed by Jejak Research Centre and, secondly, against as much as possible online databases. Base on the online databases, the plagiarism percentage that allowed is no more than 20 percent.
Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors.
The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper, and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha is issued first on April, 15 2013 (Volume 1 No 1 of 2013). Based on the decree issued by LIPI No. SK no. 0005.25991426/JI.3.1/SK.ISSN/2017.12 , for the edition of Volume 6 No 2 August 2017 have been registered online with e- ISSN 2599-1426 published quarterly
Since Volume 7 No. 1 (2018), Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha is published twice a year (June and December)