Parents Acceptance To Visual Impaired Children In Special Chool At Singkawang
Keywords:Acceptance Parents, Children with Visual Impairment
AbstractThe purpose of this research are: (1) describe and analyze the description of
acceptance of parents of blind children at Special School Singkawang,
(2) identify the factors acceptance of parents of blind children at Special
School Singkawang. This study used qualitative methods, techniques
interview data collectors tested its validity through triangulation. Subjects in
this study are the parents of students with visual impairment in Special
School Singkawang many as four people and classroom teachers as
informants two people. Data analysis techniques in the form of data
reduction, data display and conclusion. The results showed that:
(1) The parents of blind children can receive willingly conditions experienced
by his son, even that happens on stage tertiary phase which should at that
stage parents could not accept her son. However, with sincerity and great
sincerity and love to their children so that the parents that their children can
receive in a faster time. (2) There are several factors acceptance of parents
of blind children is the support of family, lingungan very accepting and
relatives who frequently give feedback, even one of the parents said
that children with special needs is preferable compared with a normal.
Direktorat Pembinaan Sekolah Luar Biasa, (2007). Program Pendidikan Khusus dan Pendidikan Layanan Khusus. Jakarta: Depdiknas.
Garguilo, R.M. (1985). Working withparents of exeptional children: AGuide for Profesionals. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
Moleong, L.J. 2014. Metode Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung : Remaja Rosdakarya
Riyanti Widi. (2013). Karakteristik dan Pendidikan Tunanetra, Jurnal Psikologi Volume 11 Nomor 1, Juni 2013
Sarasvati. (2004). Meniti pelangi:Perjalanan seorang ibu yang tak kenal menyerah dalam membimbing putranya keluar dari belenggu ADHD dan autisme.Jakarta: PT. Elex Media Komputindo.
Somantri, Sutjihati. (2012). Psikologi Anak Luar Biasa. Bandung: PT Refika Aditama.
Sugiyono. 2009. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R & D. Bandung: Alfabeta
Authors who publish with the Jurnal Pendidikan Indnesia agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. (See The Effect of Open Access)